In conjunction with the launch of BHIVA standards for care, we are pleased to announce the development of DHIVA competencies for dietitians practising in the area of HIV. Listed below are the areas covered, the full document can be viewed here: DHIVA Competencies January 2014.
- HIV Pathophysiology, Epidemiology & Clinical guidelines
- Teaching, learning and communication (or personal and people development) skills
- Psychosocial, Behavioural Approaches & Confidentiality
- Principles of medical nutrition
- Specific nutrition-related needs of children and adolescents (transition clinics)
- Nutrition-related needs of specific HIV groups
- Evaluation, audit & research
- Team, programme & business management
British HIV Association (BHIVA) Standards of Care for People Living with HIV
BHIVA, working in partnership with care providers, professional associations, commissioners and people living with HIV, has produced a set of quality standards for the care of people with HIV in the UK.